HCBC Membership must be shown or photocopies supplied with entries.
All Junior's on a horse must wear an approved helmet, correctly fitted and secured at all times while mounted on a horse.
All horses outside of stalls must have visible entrant number shown.
Quesnel Fall Fair strongly recommends the use of ASTM approved helmets with safety harness correctly secured at all times while mounted on competition grounds.
Team Competition: four entrants, at least ONE member of each team must compete in Jumping Division, English division, Halter Division, and Western Division - open to all breeds and ages.
Stakes Events not to count towards points earned.
GENERAL SHOW RULES
1. Current HCBC rule book will be followed. Show Committee reserves the right to change/amend the rules and to decide on any point not covered by these rules
2. It is the responsibility of the rider to have read and understood all the rules both HCBC and club show rules. They will be strictly adhered to.
3. Mistreatment of any horse on the grounds, abusive or foul language, use of alcohol or drugs by contestants, parents, or guardians, who express discourteous behavior to fellow entrants or show personnel, will be excused from the show and removed from the grounds, forfeiting their entry fees/prizes. SHOWMANSHIP IS PARAMOUNT
4. Outside assistance or coaching from the sidelines, will cause elimination of the competitor being assisted while in competition, unless expressed in HCBC rule books.
5. The use of communication devices while competitor is in competition ring is illegal and will result in elimination.
6. Disputes will be as outlined in the HCBC rule book or at judges and show management discretion. Any disputes are to be made in writing, accompanied by a fee of $100. If dispute is valid, fee is to be returned.
7. Management reserves the right to cancel, combine or split classes.
8. NO REFUNDS will be given without a Vet/Dr.’s certificate.
9. Post entries will be accepted up to four classes previous to the class to be entered. An additional fee will apply to ALL post entries excluding stake classes.
10. It is the responsibility of the rider to be in the holding ring when the class is called, the gate will not be held.
11. Horses must be KEPT AT A WALK except when in the warm up and show rings.
12. ALL DOGS must be leashed at all times.
13. Stallions are NOT to be handled by minors!
14. Unruly horses will be excused.
15. The same horse may only be shown in Jr. and Sr. divisions in showmanship and equitation classes
16. Entrants must display their numbers at ALL TIMES. Even while leading and lunging. Contact information is suggested for all stabled/paddocked horses.
17. Lunch breaks will be held at a duration TBA.
18. Standard English/Western attire/tack, in respective classes encouraged. Riding boots are Mandatory, chaps are optional.
19. All tack requirements and restrictions of respective divisions will be in accordance of current HCBC rule books. Knowledge of the rules is the responsibility of the competitor. Please direct questions regarding the rules and regulations to the Steward or Show Managers.
20. While mounted on a horse, all Juniors MUST wear ASTM approved headgear with safety harnesses on competition or event ground
21. ASTM Helmet with secure harness and chinstrap is mandatory for all riders when in jumping classes and warm up.
22. Only eight horses will Gallop in the ring at one time.
23. Only twelve horses will Canter/Lope.
24. Intermediate and Jr classes may or may not be split, depending on the number of entries (Four+); Trail, western riding, reining, & hunter jumper, will not be split.
25. A beginner rider is in their first year of showing, & not completing an entire class (walk,trot,canter)
26. A Novice rider has not won THREE first place ribbons in equitation (regardless of discipline; ie Hunter Equitation, Western Horsemanship, Stock seat, etc) Please respect the honour system
27. A Maiden Horse has not won a first place in that division.
28. A Green Horse is in their first year of showing.
29. An Amateur Rider is a rider who makes no income from lessons, instruction or training.
30. Walk-Trot horse(Pleasure) classes may be entered by young or green horses not competing in full classes(w/t/c) or by new or green riders not competing in full classes (w/t/c).
31. Walk-Trot Equitation classes may be entered by new or green competitors ONLY, the rider is not to be at the Canter stage yet.
Ribbons will be awarded to fourth place.
Stakes classes will award cash awards.
No cash to be awarded in Showmanship, Horsemanship or Equitation classes.
No Prizes will be awarded unless expressly written in Show
You must be registered to participate.
All registration forms are to printed, completed, signed and emailed to the organizer as instructed in the forms.